The people I see are usually doing pretty well on their career path and need to figure out how to step into their lives fully. They want to enjoy life more, get more out of their relationships, and shake off depression and anxious worrying,
Many of my new patients say they know what to do and need to “just do it.”
I show them an easier, more effective way.
Typical results clients I work with experience are:
- decreased or eliminated depression and anxiety
- increased competence and confidence in work and relationships
- a general sense of peace and ability to navigate through daily life with ease
- richer, more connected relationships and the ability to handle conflict effectively
- increased focus and attention
- a feeling of being in the driver’s seat of life
I am passionate about empowering my clients to have more of what they want in life. Unlike some conventional psychotherapy you may be aware of, I do not believe that my clients need to be in therapy for years and years with no clear end in sight. I have also found it is not necessary to talk endlessly or gain “insight” in order for profound and wanted change to occur.
My clients are smart people who want to learn what works to have more of the life they want.
Over the years, I have seen many clients who had sought out treatments and were still struggling with the same problems year after year. In my opinion, this is intolerable! Especially when there is quite often a different way – a way to wellness, fulfillment, peace, and an overall sense of ease.
I have a great deal of respect for my clients and am fierce about providing them with the quality, gold-standard care they deserve.
As a new client, when you make an appointment, you can expect a thorough intake so that together we can identify and understand exactly where you want to go and what you would like to be different. I help you weed out all of the noise that isn’t effective and focus in on practices that work. I teach you how to implement changes in your life in real-time, as well as troubleshoot, coach and encourage you through as we go. You will notice yourself develop new behaviors, habits, and attitudes, some of which may surprise you (in a delightful way). We will measure your progress, using well-researched, evidence-based approaches, to ensure your success.
Interested in learning more about me? Check out this interview by clicking here.
- I have a Ph.D. in Clinical Health Psychology and am a licensed psychologist. I am professionally trained in evidence-based, scientifically grounded therapies, specifically designed to help with emotion dysregulation and shame/self-criticism.
- My training includes over a decade of experience in mindfulness, including a personal daily mindfulness meditation practice. I regularly attend silent mindfulness retreats and practice zen mindfulness with the help and guidance of my teacher, Marsha Linehan, Ph.D., Roshi.
- I began my graduate studies in psychology in 2002 at California School for Professional Psychology (CSPP), San Diego, and was introduced to mindfulness in 2004 and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) in 2005.
- I received four years of training with Milton Brown, Ph.D., a Behavioral Tech. trainer who gained expertise in DBT and CBT at University of Washington, Seattle, under the mentorship of Marsha Linehan, Ph.D.
- I have rigorously continued to develop my expertise in DBT, CBT and mindfulness since this time. I was trained as a scientist and continue to be enthusiastically committed to the delivery of quality evidence-based treatments and helping people who feel “stuck” move towards their goals and building a life worth living.
- My hobbies include many activities related to healthy, holistic living. I eat a clean, whole-foods diet, enjoy yoga, gardening, occasional knitting and sewing, travel, and I make my own health, beauty and cleaning products.
- I like to devour life and sink my teeth into what captures my interests. I am a true believer in practicing what I preach and do not ask my clients to do anything I have not done and am willing to do myself.
- I believe we are all in this confusing, messy, wonderful life together, and with some knowledge, skills, and practice, can live out our greatest dreams, in happiness and fulfillment.